In the first half of 2021, Haidilao's revenue increased by 105.9% year-on-year, and its net profit turned from loss to profit.
According to the interim performance report of 2021:
- The operating revenue was CNY 20.094 billion (up 105.9% year-on-year).
- The net profit was CNY 96.5 million, compared with a net loss of 965 million yuan in the same period last year.
- Customers' per capita consumption decreased from CNY 112.8 in the first half of 2020 to CNY 107.3 in the same period in 2021, close to the level in 2019 before the epidemic.
- The operating revenue of Haidilao restaurant in H1 2021 reached CNY 19.419 billion, achieving an increase of 112.2%. It accounted for 96.6% of the total revenue from 93.7% in the same period last year. The proportion of takeout business decreased to 1.7% from 4.2% accordingly.
- As of June 30, 2021, Haidilao had 1597 global stores.
- The average turnover rate of Haidilao in the first half of 2021 was only 3.0 times per day.
- The number of members was 85 million, accounting for over 80% of the total turnover.
- Up to now, Haidilao has built and renovated more than 100 new technology restaurants. The intelligent boiler dispenser has been applied in more than 70 stores, the vegetable delivery robot has been deployed in more than 1000 stores, and the intelligent exhaust equipment has been deployed in more than 600 stores.
In order to strengthen internal management and operation, Haidilao adjusted its organizational structure in the first half of 2021. Besides, it also enriches customers' dining experience through diversified products, and hands over the power to launch more new products to regions themselves.
Meanwhile, Haidilao also announced the changes in the members of the board of directors, adding seven executive directors Yang Lijuan and two independent non-executive directors, so as to further realize the rejuvenation of the enterprise management team.